Today is one of those days when I stare at my blog and hope for a bit of magic. Presto. Poof! A blog post!
*waits* *nods off*
Well. It seems the faeries have left the area and taken their dust … leaving the magic of me.
Let’s face it, I’m not the most spectacular specimen of wacky fun. Mostly I don’t leave my house. Heck, I rarely leave my couch. I like it here.
Here are some fun facts about me.
1) I worked as a lifeguard and swim teacher for my high school and college years. I taught many kids (and a few adults) the joy of the water. I love the water. I love swimming. My sisters and I used to live in our backyard pool each summer. Mom called us fish and would check us for gills. My mom doesn’t swim so she vowed that her kids would be able to. Swimming lessons were an integral part of summer vacation.
I was pretty darn good at it. Kids like me. The silliness that fell from my mouth tended to entertain them (and their parents).
Kid: Kathy, the pool is REALLY hot today!
Me: Well, yes, we’re making kid soup today.
Now, most kids would giggle. A few would completely ignore me. But there was always one or two who would gaze at me in terror. My sarcasm didn’t compute.
Each one made me smile. Each one holding something special, just theirs, to use to make the world better. Do any of them remember me? Did any of them go on to become swimming stars or teach lessons? I don’t know. It doesn’t matter. I hope I gave them a bit of fun, imparted a bit of wisdom.
2) I have a collection of replica Harry Potter wands. Eighteen of them. And I have my own from Universal’s Wizarding World of Harry Potter. They are mounted on my wall, accented with HP movie tickets, house crests ornaments, my Hogwarts acceptance letter (THANKS TANA!) and my 3-D glasses from seeing The Deathly Hallows Part 2 at midnight with my sisters. Harry Potter nerd!
3) I worry about what people think about me. I am afraid people are ‘just being nice so I will go away’. Don’t compliment me. I can’t deal with it. My brain might explode.
4) Dolls scare me. They look at me. Ever since the movie Poltergeist … well, yeah. That and a nightmare I had when a group of dolls came after me and dragged me down the stairs. *shudder*
5) I am not a baby person. I don’t need to hold them. I don’t think they’re cute. I had two kids and desperately wanted the baby phase to be over. Heck the toddler phase wasn’t much better. I am happy I still have hair … my sanity, however, is questionable. Bring me your five-year-olds and up. Believe it or not, I like teenagers more than babies.
There is a bit more about me. Too much? Maybe. But I like it here … being me. Everyone should love themselves. All the quirks and flaws. You’re the only you the world gets … SO BE AWESOME!
Now I bow out gracefully. *trips and falls*